Who We Are:
Ladle Fellowship is a ministry of First Presbyterian Church, San Diego to the homeless and poor in the downtown area.
What we do:
- We serve a hot meal and offer a worship service each Sunday afternoon that is attended primarily by San Diego's urban poor and homeless.
- We distribute food bags once a month to low-income seniors and needy veterans.
- We provide groceries for needy military families once a month.
- We assist needy individuals in their job searches and offer valuable work experience and references through on-going volunteer opportunities.
- We offer on-going pastoral care and counseling with a focus on re-uniting fragmented families, restoring broken relationships, and establishing a life committed to purpose.
- We make available sober living and case managed transitional housing to those committed to getting off and staying off the streets
- We gather weekly for a Practical discipleship class with an emphasis on helping the homeless and others become committed lifelong followers of Jesus Christ through the study of Scripture and its practical application.
- We provide a valuable service to churches, ministries, and other organizations by offering a dynamic, structured, and safe environment in which to volunteer and serve those in need.
Why we do it:
Relationship based evangelism and discipleship are at the heart of all we do. We aim to proclaim the good news of salvation through Christ; to help homeless believers and others in seeking a biblically ordered life, and to become more deeply committed disciples ourselves. We desire to bring God glory as we work to build and expand Christ's kingdom.
What you can do:
- To check out volunteer opportunities, go to Volunteering.
- To donate money, click on Monetary Donations.
- You or your group can organize fund raising events or food and clothing drives to benefit Ladle. To find out how to donate food, clothing or other items, go to Donation of Goods.
- To read stories about homelessness and life on the streets, click on Read Stories.
- You can tweet your friends and tell them about Ladle Tweet
- You can lift up in prayer this ministry, its partners, and all whom the Lord is reaching through this ministry.
- For any other questions or comments, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.